The Institute is a nonprofit management consulting and services firm focused on business diversity.
We are trusted advisors to businesses large and small, government agencies, policymakers and organizations that understand the key role diversity plays in ensuring business and economic success.
Our client services include customized one-on-one assistance, training, knowledge, networks and solutions that create diverse, globally competitive companies.
We are a leading voice and constant advocate for public policies and business practices that promote marketplace diversity.
What Sets Us Apart
- Focus on Diversity – The Institute -- the only organization of its kind in the country -- offers 30 years of experience helping clients harness the power of diversity to achieve business and economic objectives.
- Business Knowledge and Expertise – We bring deep industry knowledge of how to help businesses of all kinds start and grow; business owners turn barriers of race, gender and disability into opportunity; companies diversify their supply chains; and communities broaden their business base.
- Proven Methods – We help clients develop the three core elements -- money, markets and management -- required for business success. Uniquely, we integrate critical diversity management strategies every step of the way, helping clients connect with broader pools of high-quality vendors and suppliers, and successfully enter new high-potential markets.
- Broad Networks – Our extensive network of investors, partners and clients developed over three decades connects clients with business assistance and opportunity for achieving their business objectives.
- Passion and Commitment – As a nonprofit, our bottom line is helping clients become more successful and America become more prosperous by getting business diversity right.
Contact the Institute to learn more or get help growing your business and diversifying the marketplace.
Upcoming Events and Bid Opportunities
The Institute is now accepting applications for the 2018 Executive Business Education Program.
This program focuses on building small businesses with a minimum of $1M in sales to be more competitively engaged with corporations as business partners.
Thursdays weekly - October 11 to November 8, 2018
Learn more and download your application here.
Construction Resource Centers of North Carolina
Construction Resource Centers offer services and support to help small, minority, and women-owned businesses identify and compete for construction-related projects.
Public Allies North Carolina
Public Allies North Carolina prepares young adults for leadership based on knowledge, expertise and values that promote diversity as a path to broad prosperity.
Small Business Transportation Resource Center
The South Atlantic Region Small Business Transportation Resource Center (SBTRC) provides advocacy and technical assistance training programs that help small and disadvantaged businesses build their capacity to bid on federally funded transportation projects.
Women’s Business Centers
The Women’s Business Centers offers tools and support to women-owned and women–led business to assist in establishing a businesses, stabilizing their companies, generating sustainable profits, strategizing for future growth and contributing to the growth and economic development of the community.
We have built a staff with over 100 years of experience in the industry, as well as our industry intelligence and expertise in working with Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
In order to move our staff to this new fee-for-service structure model, we had to make changes in our organizational structure to provide more authority to the Program Directors. Each Program Director became more involved, with not only managing their staff, but also their budgets and expected outcomes. In addition, the administrative staff now provides support services to achieve the goals of the program.
Our focus was on:
- Operational Excellence
- Program Success
- Leadership Development