Programs & Services
The Institute helps companies and communities prosper through better business practices and by engaging a broader, more diverse network of vendors, suppliers and partners.
We help small businesses owned by minorities, women, veterans and people with disabilities start and grow. We help companies diversify their supply chains. We help communities expand their business base and improve their business climate.
Our services include:
- Minority Business Development – Counseling, assistance and networking that help racial minorities start, operate and grow successful businesses.
- Women Business Development – Counseling, assistance and networking that help women start, operate and grow successful businesses.
- Construction Business Diversity – Services and matchmaking that diversify the construction industry and prepare a broader field of companies for public and private contracts.
- Transportation Business Diversity – Advocacy and technical assistance that helps small and disadvantaged businesses build their capacity to bid on federally funded transportation projects.
- NCDOT On-the-Job Training (OJT) – The Institute undertakes workforce projects that demonstrate ways to overcome barriers to diversity and build the next generation of diverse workers and leaders.
- Public Allies – As the operating partner for Public Allies North Carolina, the Institute prepares young adults for business and community leadership based on knowledge, expertise and values that promote diversity as a path to broad prosperity.
Let's get started. Contact the Institute to discuss taking your next strategic steps to business success.