The Innovation Center
The Innovation Center’s goal is to diversify the innovation pipeline through challenges, developing the next generation of innovators and recognizing young innovators.
Our current innovation initiatives are:
- STEAM Innovators Center – Diversifying the innovation pipeline with a focus on following strategies: 1) fill the pipeline; 2) recognize innovators; 3)develop the pipeline; 4) create a movement.
- Planet Mogul – The Institute is demonstrating strategies for creating a diverse new generation of entrepreneurs using an interactive early childhood education model, Planet Mogul.
- One Idea Ignites (9.16.16) - We want our youth to understand and embrace the idea they can help create our shared future through innovation, entrepreneurship and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). We will join with corporations, entrepreneurs, educators, scientists, professionals and celebrities to collaborate and engage our youth – to crystalize their dreams. Our team includes the first and only African American woman that has traveled to space, Dr. Mae Jemison and one of the largest African American business owners in the U.S., Junior Bridgeman. (Website coming soon)
- Minority Business Development – Counseling, assistance and networking that help racial minorities start, operate and grow successful businesses.
- Women Business Development – Counseling, assistance and networking that help women start, operate and grow successful businesses.
- Transportation Business Diversity – Advocacy and technical assistance that helps small and disadvantaged businesses build their capacity to bid on federally funded transportation projects.